Step 1Pre-heat oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3. Place the orange slices, onion slices, cloves, peppercorns and star anise in the bottom of a large roasting tin. Place a trivet on top of the oranges and onions. Sit the ham on the trivet and pour over boiled water into the roasting tin, about 4cm high.
Step 2Tightly double layer the ham in foil. Place in the lower half of the oven and bake for 4 hours.
Step 3Carefully remove from the oven. Place the ham onto a chopping board and discard the liquid. Peel off the skin leaving a thin layer of fat. Score all over in a diagonal pattern with a knife.
Step 4In a saucepan melt the marmalade, sugar, mustard and allspice. Boil for 5 minutes until glossy and thick. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
Step 5Increase the oven temperature to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Brush the ham with the glaze then put back in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2 whole orange, thickly sliced
- 2 large onions, thickly sliced
- 5 Country Range Whole Cloves
- 1 tbsp Country Range Whole Black Peppercorns
- 2 Country Range Whole Star Anise
- 5 kg unsmoked ham, off the bone
- 225 g Country Range Marmalade
- 4 tbsp light Muscavado sugar
- 2 tbsp Country Range Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Country Range Ground Allspice
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist