Step 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the chorizo and sauté until crisp.
Step 2Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
Step 3Add 3/4 of the red pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, cumin and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Step 4Add the bouquet garni sachet, black beans, lime juice and stock and simmer for 15 minutes.
Step 5Season to taste. Serve in large bowls with the reserved red pepper and roughly chopped flat leaf parsley to garnish.
- 1 tbsp Country Range Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 50 g chorizo, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- 2 tsp Country Range Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Country Range Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Country Range Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Country Range Ground Cumin
- 1 sachet bouquet garni
- 400 g tin black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lime (juice only)
- 500 ml Country Range Vegetable Stock (hot)
- salt and pepper to taste
- flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped, to garnish
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist