Step 1Pre-heat oven to 160°C.
Step 2Heat the oil in a casserole dish and brown the meat in batches.
Step 3Add the chopped vegetables and all the spices, red wine, chicken stock, chopped tomatoes.
Step 4Bring to the boil, put the lid on and place in the oven. Cook for 2 hours.
Step 5Serve with some nice greens.
- 25 ml Country Range Vegetable Oil
- 500 g diced venison (leg or shoulder)
- 1 ea leek
- 1 ea carrots
- 1/4 ea celery
- 1 ea onion
- 25 g Country Range 70% Dark Chocolate Drops
- 1 tsp Country Range Whole Cumin
- 2 ea Country Range Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp Country Range Whole Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Country Range Crushed Chillies
- 1/2 tsp Country Range Dried Thyme
- 2ea CR Country Range Star Anise
- 1/2 ea Country Range Cinnamon quill
- 500 ml Country Range Red Cooking Wine
- 300 ml Country Range Chicken Stock
- 200 g Country Range Chopped Tomatoes
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist