Step 1Pre-heat the oven to 200°C / 180°C Fan / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
Step 2Roll out enough puff pastry to line a suitable pie dish.
Step 3Thinly slice the celeriac and blanch in salted water for 2 mins. Refresh and pat dry.
Step 4Place the sliced celeriac into the lined pie dish and pour over the ready-made béchamel sauce. Top the mixture with sliced cheddar cheese.
Step 5Slice the onions and sweat in olive-pomace oil with the garlic and rosemary.
Step 6Top the cheddar with the onions and then cover with some puff pastry and crimp tight around the edges. Cut a few holes in the top to let the steam out and brush with beaten egg.
Step 7Bake in the oven for 30/35 mins and serve a wedge of the pie with seasonal vegetables and gravy or a cheese sauce.
- 400 g Country Range Puff Pastry Block
- 200 g Country Range Mature White Cheddar Cheese
- 12 ea Country Range Mature White Cheddar Cheese Slices
- 100 g Country Range Béchamel Sauce Mix (made up)
- 1 ea Country Range Free Range Medium Egg
- 50 g Country Range Creamery Salted Butter
- 1 tsp Country Range Dried Rosemary
- 1 tsp Country Range Garlic Powder
- 1 drizzle Country Range Olive-Pomace Oil
- 500 g celeriac
- 2 ea onions
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist