Step 1Fully defrost the cooked chicken breast then split in half by placing between two sheets of cling film and lightly battening it out until thin.
Step 2Toss in flour and then into the beaten egg, coat in breadcrumbs both sides and leave to one side.
Step 3Place splash of oil into a hot frying pan, place the coated chicken and seal until golden brown on both sides. When golden, place 25g of butter on top.
Step 4Place into a hot oven (165°C) for 10 minutes to ensure the breadcrumb coating is cooked all the way through and is crispy and golden.
Step 5To make the sauce add the white wine vinegar into a small pan and bring to the boil, reduce by half, add splash of cream and then whisk in the remaining butter on a gentle heat. Add the capers and warm, then add the mustard and season.
Step 6Remove chicken from the oven drain onto Country Range blue roll. Place onto a plate and serve the sauce around, serve straight away.
Step 7Tip: You can add a little pesto around the plate for extra flavour and colour if you wish to.
- 1 frozen steam cooked chicken breast fillet, split in half
- 1 Country Range Free Range Medium Egg, beaten
- 50 g Country Range Golden Breadcrumbs
- 50 g Country Range Plain Flour, seasoned
- splash of Country Range Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 75 g Country Range Butter
- 1 tsp Country Range Capers
- 2 tbsp Country Range White Cooking Wine
- 1 tsp Country Range White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Country Range Wholegrain Mustard
- splash of double cream
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist