Roosters Restaurant in Morley Hayes have created a delicious Chickpea Curry recipe which is featured in the July edition of the Stir It Up Magazine.
Step 1Fry off the onion, garlic and ginger in a little oil.
Step 2Add the madras paste, crushed chillies, turmeric, white pepper, ground coriander and cumin seeds.
Step 3Add the chick peas, chopped tomatoes, tomato paste and potatoes.
Step 4Simmer for 30 minutes.
Step 5Add the mango chutney, spinach, fresh coriander and salt.
Step 6Serve with Country Range Basmati Rice and a naan bread.
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp Country Range Garlic Purée
- 2 cm ginger, grated
- 25 ml Country Range Olive-Pomace Oil
- 2 tsp Country Range Whole Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Country Range Ground Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Country Range Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Country Range Ground Coriander
- pinch Country Range White Pepper
- 1 tsp Country Range Crushed Chillies
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- 1 tbsp Country Range Madras Curry Paste
- 400 g Country Range Chopped Tomatoes
- 800 g Country Range Chick Peas in Water
- 4 medium sized potatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp Country Range Tomato Paste
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp Country Range Mango Chutney
- 1 tsp salt
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist