Step 1Pre-heat oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4. Line the base of a 21cm square tin with baking parchment.
Step 2Put the cocoa powder, butter and sugar in a large saucepan and gently melt, stirring so the mixture doesn't catch.
Step 3When the cocoa mixture is melted and combined, cool slightly, then stir in the eggs, little by little, followed by the flour and coconut.
Step 4Tip into the tin and bake for 45 minutes in the middle of the oven. Check after 30 minutes and cover with another piece of baking parchment if the crust is browning too much.
Step 5Cool in the tin, then carefully lift out and cut into squares.
- 100 g Country Range Cocoa Powder
- 250 g Country Range Butter
- 500 g golden caster sugar
- 4 Country Range Free Range Medium Eggs, beaten
- 100 g Country Range Self Raising Flour
- 100 g Country Range Desiccated Coconut
- icing sugar, to dust (optional)
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist