Step 1Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Place cod fillets on a greased baking tray, and season with salt and pepper. Give it a splash of water and cover with parchment.
Step 2Bake for 8-12 minutes until cooked. Once cool, flake and put to one side.
Step 3Prepare the mash potato pellets as per instructions.
Step 4In a large mixing bowl, combine mashed potato, flaked cod, peas, garlic, chorizo, sliced spring onion, chopped dill, crushed coriander seeds and season with salt and pepper.
Step 5Split the mix into 6 even balls and flatten to form a burger shape.
Step 6Dust in the flour and fridge for 1 hour.
Step 7Shallow fry in a frying pan with some pomace oil and turn after 1 minute then place the fish cakes on a greased baking tray and bake for 6 minutes until golden.
Step 8Serve with salad and a dollop of spicy mayo.
- 300 g Country Range Mashed Potato
- 60 g Country Range Peas
- 50 g Country Range Plain Flour
- 25 ml Country Range Lemon Juice
- 10 g fresh dill, chopped
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 3 Country Range Frozen Cod Fillets (110g size)
- 1/4 tsp Country Range Whole Coriander, crushed
- 50 g chorizo, chopped and sliced
- 1/2 tsp Country Range Garlic Purée
- salt and pepper, to taste
- For the spicy mayo:
- 50 g Country Range Real Mayonnaise
- 25 g Country Range Piri Piri Sauce
- 5 ml Country Range Lemon Juice
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist