Step 1Cook the diced potatoes in water until tender, about 10 minutes.
Step 2In a large heavy skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil and add mince, spices and gently fry for 10 minutes.
Step 3Add spring onions, tomatoes, garlic, red pepper, chilli, peas and coriander and season. Allow to cool down.
Step 4Roll out the pastry and cut 4 even sized discs.
Step 5Place a spoonful of mince in the centre, fold over the pastry and crimp with a fork to have 4 moon shaped pasties.
Step 6Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with cumin and oregano.
Step 7With a slotted spoon gently lower empañada into hot oil and cook for 2 minutes, turning about halfway through (you'll need to cook in batches).
Step 8Drain on paper towelling and serve hot.
- 200 g Country Range Multi-Purpose Shortcrust Pastry Mix
- For the filling:
- 50 g diced sweet potato
- 2 spring onions
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1/2 tsp Country Range Garlic Granules
- small bunch coriander, chopped
- 200 g mince
- 1/4 red pepper, diced
- 25 g Country Range Choice Garden Peas
- 0.25 tsp Country Range Ground Cumin
- 0.25 tsp Country Range Ground Turmeric
- 0.25 tsp Country Range Dried Oregano
- 1 tbsp Country Range Jalapeño chillies, chopped
- 1 tbsp Country Range Olive-Pomace Oil
- For the egg wash:
- 1 Country Range Free Range Medium Egg
- 0.5 tsp Country Range Ground Turmeric
- For the sprinkles:
- Country Range Whole Cumin
- Country Range Dried Oregano
- Country Range Rapeseed Oil, for frying
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist