Step 1Place the rice, sugar, milk and nutmeg into an earthenware dish and bake in a hot oven for 2-3 hours, or until the rice is cooked. Allow to cool.
Step 2Once cool, roll into balls and place them in the flour, then the beaten egg, then the breadcrumbs.
Step 3Repeat this again and then deep fry at 160°C until golden brown.
Step 4Dust with icing sugar and serve with fresh raspberries.
- 50 g Country Range Round Grain Rice
- 1 pint fresh milk
- 50 g caster sugar
- 1 pinch Country Range Ground Nutmeg
- 50 g Country Range Plain Flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 100 g sweet bread dough (brioche, dried and made into breadcrumbs)
- 25 g icing sugar
- Country Range Pomace Oil, to deep fry
- 12 raspberries, to dress the dish
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist