Step 1Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
Step 2Whisk the oil, chick pea water (aquafaba) and sugar until the mixture is like mayonnaise. Gently fold the carrot into the cake batter, then stir in the flour, baking powder, spices, chopped sunflower seeds and mixed dried fruit.
Step 3Fill some muffin cups and bake for 12-15 mins. Test with a cocktail stick and If it comes out clean, it's ready to take out of the oven. If it comes out a little gooey, leave in for another few mins and then cool.
Step 4Meanwhile, whip together the solid part of a chilled can of coconut milk, icing and zest of 1 orange.
Step 5Once cakes are cool, pipe or spread with frosting and finish with chopped sunflower seeds.
- 140 g Country Range Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tsp Country Range Cinnamon
- 3 tsp Country Range Baking Powder
- 150 g Country Range Dried Mixed Fruit
- 240 g caster sugar
- 6 tbsp Country Range Aquafaba (Chickpea Water)
- 1 tbsp Country Range Sunflower Seeds, chopped
- 200 g gluten-free self raising flour
- 200 g grated carrots
- 1 can Country Range Coconut Milk (solid only)
- 100 g icing sugar
- 1 ea zest of orange
- 1 tsp Country Range Sunflower Seeds, chopped
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist