Step 1Pre-heat the oven to 150°C/300°F/Gas Mark 2. Line a 9" square tin with greaseproof paper.
Step 2Sift the flour, spice and baking powder into a large bowl. Add the margarine, sugar and eggs. Whisk thoroughly (with an electric whisk) until the mixture is smooth.
Step 3Stir in the fruit with the remaining ingredients until well combined.
Step 4Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake on the lowest shelf of the oven for 2-3 hours or until golden, firm to touch and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Step 5Leave to cool in the tin. Turn the cake out, wrap in greaseproof paper and store in an airtight tin.
Step 6Cover the cake using 1 x 250g pack of brandy marzipan and 2 x 250g packs of ready to roll icing.
- 225 g Country Range Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Country Range Ground Mixed Spice
- 1 tsp Country Range Baking Powder
- 225 g Country Range Cooking & Baking
- 225 g dark soft brown muscovado sugar
- 5 eggs, size 3
- 450 g Country Range Dried Mixed Fruit
- 225 g Country Range Glacé Cherries, chopped
- 115 g Country Range Ground Almonds
- 1 tbsp Country Range Fine Cut Orange Marmalade
- 2 tbsp dark rum
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist