Step 1For the ginger cream, place the whipped cream, lemon juice, icing sugar and ground ginger into a bowl and mix together. Cover and refrigerate.
Step 2For the rhubarb and ginger compote, place the sugar, orange zest and juice, rhubarb, ginger, cinnamon and star anise into a saucepan. Cook for 5 minutes or until the rhubarb is soft. Add the strawberry halves and cook for 1 minute. Allow to cool.
Step 3To serve, place a meringue nest onto a serving plate and top with a spoonful of ginger cream. Spoon the compote over the meringue, decorate with strawberry halves and drizzle with melted white chocolate.
- 200 ml Country Range Whipping Cream, whipped
- 1 lemon (juice only)
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tbsp Country Range Ground Ginger
- For the rhubarb and ginger compote:
- 85 g caster sugar
- 2 oranges (juice and zest)
- 1 tsp Country Range Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Country Range Whole Star Anise
- 85 g rhubarb, chopped
- 50 g strawberries, halved
- To serve:
- 4 ready-made meringue nests
- 4 strawberries, halved
- 30 g white chocolate, melted
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist