Step 1Freeze the Katsu Curry Sauce into small finger sized moulds.
Step 2Cook the rice in vegetable stock until tender and season to taste.
Step 3Add the sliced spring onion, curry powder and chilli flakes and cool the mix for 30 mins.
Step 4Cut the frozen katsu fingers into squares and wrap with rice to form small golf ball sized balls.
Step 5Coat each one in flour, then beaten egg, then the bread crumb mix
Step 6Deep fry for 4/6 mins and serve with hot katsu sauce.
- 50 g Country Range Round Grain Rice
- 1 tsp Country Range Chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Country Range Curry Powder
- 300 ml Vegetable stock
- 2 Sliced spring onions
- 300 g Country Range Katsu Curry Sauce
- 25 g Country Range Panko Breadcrumbs
- 25 g Country Range Desiccated Coconut
- 1 tsp Country Range Madras Curry powder
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 50 g Country Range Plain Flour
- 200 ml Katsu Coconut Milk
- 20 ml Vegetable oil
- 1 Shallots sliced
- 10 g Ginger grated
- 10 g Garlic grated
- 1 Lemon grass
- 2 Chilli
- 1 Basil small bunch
- 1 Mint small bunch
- 1 Coriander small bunch
- 2 Lime (juice)
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist