Mexican Baked Rice
Mexican baked rice is a brilliant side dish that’s perfect with almost any spicy main. Baked in the oven the rice goes crisp giving it the most amazing texture to go with is fresh flavours.
Step 1Add the rice, turmeric, chilli powder and cumin seeds to a pan of boiling water and season to taste.
Step 2Bring to a simmer and cook until the rice is cooked through, remove from heat and allow to cool.
Step 3Once cooled mix in the peas, sweetcorn, diced peppers, coriander and crushed chillies.
Step 4Take a small skillet pan and heat a good knob of butter and add the rice mix but do not stir.
Step 5Allow the bottom to crisp and place in a pre-heated oven (180°C) for 15 minutes to heat through.
Step 6Repeat to create individual portions until all the mix is used.
Step 7To serve turn out the rice on to a plate and garnish with fresh coriander, sour cream, avocado and tomatoes.
- 500 g Country Range Basmati Rice
- 1 tsp Country Range Turmeric
- 0.5 tsp Country Range Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Country Range Whole Cumin Seeds
- 150 g Country Range Fancy Peas
- 150 g Country Range Frozen Sweetcorn
- 0.5 tsp Country Range Crushed Chillies
- 50 g Country Range Unsalted Butter
- 250 g Country Range Mild Salsa
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 250 g plum tomatoes, quartered
- 250 g sour cream
- 750 ml water
- pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist