Step 1Bring the stock to boil. Place the cous cous into a bowl with the star anise and cinnamon. Pour the stock on to the cous cous and cling film tight. Allow to sit for 4-5 minutes.
Step 2Remove the cling film and add the sultanas, seasoning, chopped peppers and mix.
Step 3Add a splash of olive oil to a hot pan and add the fish. Seal until golden brown and turn every 2-3 minutes until the fish is cooked (approx. 7-8 minutes).
Step 4For the pickles and vegetables, leave the veg to one side. Place all the other ingredients into a pan and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and add the thinly sliced vegetables. Allow to cool and leave to one side.
Step 5To serve, place the cous cous into a round cutter in the centre of the plate. Place the fish on top with a squeeze of lemon and arrange the pickled veg on top of the fish. Pour a little yoghurt with chopped mint and finely chopped cucumber around and serve.
- 4 hake fillets, 175g each piece
- 600 g Country Range Cous Cous
- 1 pint fish stock
- 3 Country Range Star Anise
- 1 Country Range Cinnamon Stick
- 2 tbsp Country Range Olive Oil
- ½ pepper, finely chopped
- 2 dsp Country Range Sultanas or Raisins
- salt and pepper
- For the pickle and vegetables:
- 25 g cucumber, sliced very thinly
- 2 radish, sliced thinly
- 20 g white radish, sliced thinly
- 1 carrot, sliced thinly
- 2 dsp Country Range White Wine Vinegar
- 4 dsp caster sugar
- pinch Country Range Fennel Seed
- pinch sea salt and black pepper
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist