Step 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onions, pepper and celery.
Step 2Fry for 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
Step 3Stir in the garlic and chorizo and cook for a further 3–4 minutes.
Step 4Add the rice and paprika and gently fry for 1-2 minutes.
Step 5Add the stock, thyme, tomatoes (with their juice), parsley and the Peri Peri sauce.
Step 6Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the rice is nearly cooked through.
Step 7Add the prawns and frozen peas and sweetcorn.
Step 8Cook for 3 minutes or until the prawns turn pink and the peas are tender.
Step 9Season the gumbo with salt and pepper to taste.
Step 10Serve in bowls, sprinkled with spring onions.
- 1 tbsp Country Range Olive-Pomace Oil
- 200 g Country Range Basmati Rice
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- celery sticks, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 75 g chorizo, cubed
- 1 tbsp Country Range Paprika
- 1 litre Country Range Vegetable Bouillon stock
- 1 tsp Country Range Dried Thyme
- 2 tbsp Country Range Freeze Dried Parsley
- 4 tbsp Country Range Peri Peri Sauce
- 100 g Country Range Frozen Sweetcorn
- 340 g peeled raw prawns
- 55 g Country Range Frozen Fancy Peas
- salt and pepper
- 3 spring onions, sliced
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist