Pulled BBQ Pork, Apple & Cinnamon Salad
Pulled BBQ Pork, Apple & Cinnamon Salad ‘On The Range’ recipe by Craig Davison, catering manager of the Barbara Priestman Academy in Sunderland. From the September 2015 issue of the Stir it up magazine.
Step 1Place all of the rough cut veg into a deep sided tin.
Step 2Place belly pork on top of vegetables.
Step 3Season the meat with the spices and rub.
Step 4Add all the stock until meat is fully submerged.
Step 5Cover with baking parchment and a tight fitting lid/tin foil. Place in pre-heated oven 180°C for 7-8 hours until meat is tender.
Step 6Once the meat is tender remove from stock and pick/pull the meat ensuring all bones and sinew are removed.
Step 7Add BBQ rub to meat making sure it is evenly coated.
Step 8Pass the stock through fine strainer and add half to the meat.
Step 9Place back in the oven for 20 minutes giving enough time for the meat to soak up flavours.
Step 10More stock may need to be added depending on consistency.
Step 11Combine salad in a bowl.
Step 12Place all into bowl with 3oz pork and gently toss together.
Step 13Plate up and gently dust with Country Range Cinnamon Powder.
- For the pork:
- 1 belly pork
- 1 tbsp Country Range Fennel Seeds
- 1 tbsp caraway seeds
- 1 tsp Country Range Crushed Chillies
- 1 ½ pints Country Range Chicken Stock
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- 3 carrots, roughly chopped
- 3 sticks celery, roughly chopped
- 1 bulb garlic
- For the BBQ rub:
- 3 tsp Country Range Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp Country Range Ground White Pepper
- 1 tsp Country Range Onion Salt
- 1 tsp Country Range Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp Demerara sugar
- 1 tsp Country Range Cumin Powder (optional)
- 4 sachet Country Range Tomato Ketchup
- 1 splash Worcestershire sauce
- For the salad (1 portion):
- ½ baby gem shredded
- 1 leaf from oak leaf lettuce ripped
- ¼ apple, deseeded and cut into small chunks
- 1 small handful Country Range Sultanas
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist