Step 1Soak the red lentils in water for 4 hours.
Step 2In a bowl, mix the grated sweet potato, sliced onion, soaked red lentils and the madras paste.
Step 3Add the chickpea flour, baking powder and egg and mix together until consistency is smooth.
Step 4Deep fry table spoon sized quantities of mix at 180°C until they float and are golden brown.
Step 5Serve hot with Country Range Mango Chutney.
- 50 g Country Range Madras Curry Paste
- 2 tsp Country Range Baking Powder
- 50 g Country Range Red Split Lentils
- 1 tsp Country Range Ground Ginger
- 1 Country Range Free Range Medium Egg
- ¼ cup water
- 1 white onion, finely sliced
- 1 sweet potato, grated
- 150 g chickpea flour
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist