Step 1Pre-heat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Line two 7" sandwich tins with baking parchment.
Step 2Blend in mix for carrot cake, water and oil in a bowl fitted with whisk beaters on slow speed for 1 minute. Scrape down and mix for a further 4 minutes on medium speed. Add grated carrot and mix on slow speed for 1 minute.
Step 3Add a couple of generous handfuls of chopped walnuts, mixed dried fruit and dried apricots.
Step 4Divide equally between the tins and bake for 20 minutes until risen and golden brown. Allow to cool.
Step 5For the filling, beat the cream cheese with the icing sugar.
Step 6When the cake is cooled, sandwich the two layers together with the cream cheese mixture.
Step 7For the topping, mix 3 tbsp icing sugar with a little lemon juice until spreading consistency. Spread over the top of the cake. Add the walnut halves.
Step 8Finally, lightly toast the dessicated coconut in a dry pan then sprinkle on the top of the cake.
- 500 g Country Range Mix for Carrot Cake
- 215 ml cold water
- 50 ml Country Range Vegetable Oil
- 140 g carrots, grated
- 75 g Country Range Walnut Pieces
- 75 g Country Range Mixed Dried Fruit
- 75 g Country Range Dried Apricot Halves, roughly chopped
- For the filling:
- 400x g Country Range Dried Apricot Halves, roughly chopped
- 50 g icing sugar
- For the topping:
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- Country Range Lemon Juice
- Country Range Walnut Halves
- 100 g Country Range Desiccated Coconut
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist