Step 1Heat the oil in a large lidded pan and add the whole cumin and nigella seeds and fry until they begin to pop.
Step 2Add the potatoes and cauliflower and sauté until golden before removing the potato and cauliflower pieces.
Step 3Turn the heat down and add the onion and cook until soft.
Step 4Add the ginger and garlic and cook off for a further 3 minutes before adding the tomatoes, turmeric, ground coriander.
Step 5Cook off for another few minutes and add the potatoes, chillies and salt before covering and simmering for 5 minutes.
Step 6Add the cauliflower pieces and a splash of water, cover and cook until the cauliflower is tender.
Step 7Add the garam masala and fenugreek, stir and remove from the heat to cool for 10 minutes.
Step 8Stir in the lime juice and dish up the aloo gobi in small balti bowls, topping with fresh coriander just before serving.
- 100 ml Country Range Olive-Pomace Oil
- 1 tsp Country Range Cumin Seeds
- 800 g Country Range Peeled Plum Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Country Range Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp Country Range Turmeric
- 1 tsp Country Range Ground Coriander
- 2 tsp Country Range Garam Masala
- 2 tsp nigella seeds
- 700 g waxy potatoes (par-boiled and chopped into chunks)
- 1 large cauliflower (cut in to florets)
- 2 onions
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger (grated)
- 1 tsp Country Range Chilli Powder
- 4 red chillies (sliced)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist