Step 1Chop all the ingredients and roast until singed on the edges. Blitz and mix with 100g tomato and basil sauce. Add the chopped basil.
Step 2Cook the pudding rice in plenty of boiling water until tender.
Step 3Fry off the minced pork, minced beef, garlic and thyme in olive oil until golden and allow to cool.
Step 4Soak the bread in the milk and then add to the rice, add the mince mix and mix together. The bread will mush and mix into the rice.
Step 5Add the parmesan, egg and season.
Step 6Split onto even sized balls and wrap each ball around the mini mozzarella until evenly covered.
Step 7Panne and deep fry until golden (approximately 3 mins).
Step 8Serve with roasted tomato sauce and salad.
- Arancini Meatballs
- 200 g cooked pudding rice
- 2 slices Country Range Medium Sliced White Bread
- 60 ml milk
- 250 g pork mince
- 250 g beef mince
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1/4 tsp Country Range Dried Thyme
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp Country Range Garlic Purée
- 40 g finely grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp Country Range Olive-Pomace Oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- bocconcini (mini mozzarella balls) or large mozzarella balls cut into pieces
- Panne Mix
- Country Range Plain Flour, for dusting
- 2 extra eggs mixed with milk, lightly beaten
- Country Range Panko Breadcrumbs
- Country Range Vegetable Oil, for deep frying
- Roasted Tomato Sauce
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 4 plum vine tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 small bunch basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100 g Country Range Tomato and Basil sauce
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist