Step 1For the rice, place the rice with the water into a suitable sized pan. Cover and bring to the boil. Simmer until cooked.
Step 2After around 10-15 minutes, the water should have evaporated and you should be left with fluffy rice. Once cooked, refresh in cold water to stop the cooking process.
Step 3Whilst the rice is cooking, place a pan onto the stove with a little oil. Once hot, place the shallots in the pan. Turn down the heat and allow to sweat gently on the heat for 15 minutes.
Step 4Put the spices in with the shallots and allow to cook for a further 10-15 minutes.
Step 5Place the chick peas with the shallots and spices in a suitable bowl with the drained rice, roasted peppers and coriander.
Step 6For the dressing, place the mustard and honey into a bowl. Whisk in the wine vinegar until incorporated. Slowly whisk in the oil and then add the spices.
Step 7Drizzle over the rice salad. Finish with a little natural yoghurt and serve with chicken or fish.
- 200 g Country Range Basmati Rice
- 400 ml cold water
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 tsp Country Range Ground Turmeric
- 1 tsp Country Range Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Country Range Coriander Seeds
- 1 tsp Country Range Crushed Chillies
- 1 tsp Country Range Paprika
- 4 tsp Country Range Salt
- 100 g Country Range Chick Peas
- 1 red pepper, roasted
- 25 g fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp Country Range English Mustard
- 2 tbsp Country Range White Wine Vinegar
- 4 tbsp Country Range Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Country Range Honey
- ½ tsp Moroccan spice
- ¼ tsp Country Range Paprika
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist