Step 1Heat the milk and chocolate together until the chocolate has melted. Infuse the mix with the cardamom and vanilla then pour over rice in an ovenproof dish.
Step 2Sprinkle over the saffron for a speckled finish and bake in the oven for 2 hours (150°C/300°F/Gas Mark 2), pushing the cardamom pods further into the rice when cooking.
Step 3Meanwhile, place the strawberries in a roasting tin with the balsamic vinegar and sprinkle over the rosemary. Place these in the oven 15 minutes before the end of the pudding cooking time.
Step 4Serve a good scoop of the rice pudding topped with a spoonful of strawberries and enjoy hot or cold.
- 2 pints semi skimmed milk
- 150 g white chocolate, broken into chunks
- 5 Country Range Whole Cardamom Pods
- 1 Country Range Vanilla Pod, split down the length
- 250 g Country Range Short Grain Pudding Rice
- 1 pinch Country Range Saffron Powder
- 450 g strawberries, halved
- 2 tbsp Country Range Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Country Range Dried Rosemary
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist