Step 1Add the chicken breasts to an oiled baking tray and coat with fajita seasoning.
Step 2Bake in a pre-heated oven (180°C) until cooked through.
Step 3Leave to cool before shredding with a fork.
Step 4Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the onion and jalapeño peppers.
Step 5Fry until softened and add the garlic and chorizo.
Step 6Add the cumin, chilli powder and season to taste.
Step 7Create a stock out of the bouillon and water.
Step 8Pour in the stock and cook down on a low heat until the liquid is absorbed.
Step 9Remove from heat and fold in the shredded chicken, cheese and egg and allow to cool.
Step 10Flour a work surface and roll out the puff pastry until it’s about 5mm thick.
Step 11Cut rounds of approx. 4-5”.
Step 12Take a spoon of the chicken mix and place in centre of each round leaving the edge clear.
Step 13Egg was the edge of the dough.
Step 14Fold the dough over to create a half moon shape.
Step 15Press the edges together using the end of a fork to crimp the edges.
Step 16Repeat until all the mix is used.
Step 17Brush the top of each empañada with the egg wash.
Step 18Bake in a pre-heated oven (180°C) for 15-20 minutes or deep fry for 6-8 minutes or until golden.
- 1 tbsp Country Range Olive Oil
- 25 g Country Range Sliced Green Jalapeño Peppers
- 5 g Country Range Chicken Bouillon
- 150 g Country Range Mozzarella and Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Country Range Puff Pastry Block
- 0.5 tsp Country Range Ground Cumin
- 0.25 tsp Country Range Chili Powder
- 200 ml water
- 4 Cloves garlic
- 150 g chorizo sausage, diced
- 2 Country Range Chicken Breast Fillets
- 1 Country Range Free Range Medium Egg, boiled
- 1 Country Range Free Range Medium Egg
- 25 ml milk
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist