Step 1Pre-heat oven to 200°C .
Step 2Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the diced onions.
Step 3Add the garlic and all of the spices.
Step 4dd the chopped tomatoes and water and simmer.
Step 5Remove from the heat and add the chicken tikka pieces.
Step 6Cook the rice in chicken stock following the package instructions.
Step 7Fry the sliced onions until golden brown.
Step 8In a large pot, assemble your biryani as follows: 1/3 basmati rice, 1/2 chicken curry mix, 1/2 golden sliced onions, 1/3 rice, oil, 1/2 chicken curry mix, 1/3 basmati rice and finally the re-maining caramelised onions.
Step 9Place the lid on and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
Step 10Remove from the oven, add the chopped coriander and sliced green chilli.
- 100 g Country Range Marinated Chicken Tikka
- 25 g Country Range Vegetable Oil
- 100 g Country Range Chopped Tomatoes
- 100 ml water
- 500 ml Country Range Chicken Bouillon (for the rice)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 fresh green chillies, sliced
- 60 g Country Range Easy Cook Basmati Rice
- 1 tsp Country Range Garlic Purée
- ½ tsp Country Range Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Country Range Madras Curry Powder
- 1 Country Range Cinnamon Stick
- ½ tsp Country Range Whole Cumin
- ½ tsp Country Range Whole Coriander
- 6 Country Range Whole Cloves
- 4 Country Range Whole Cardamon pods
- ¼ tsp Country Range Crushed Chillies
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist