Step 1For the Christmas pudding parfait, combine the water and sugar together, then boil to make a syrup. Pour the syrup over the egg yolk to make a pate bomb. Soak the gelatine leaf in water, then warm the cream to dissolve. Add the gelatine and cream to the pate bomb. Then fold through the raisins, sultanas, currants and mixed spice. Fold through the whipped cream gradually to finish parfait.
Step 2For the walnut frangipane, beat the butter and sugar together, add the eggs. Then fold in self-raising flour and walnuts. Bake at 160°C for 15-20 minutes. Once baked brush with rum stock syrup. For the stock syrup combine 100ml of 50% stock syrup and 50ml of rum.
Step 3For the white chocolate and brandy snow, melt the white chocolate and cocoa butter. Warm the cream then dissolve the sugar into it. Combine with the chocolate, cocoa butter, water and brandy then pour into a tray and freeze.
Step 4Cut the walnut cake into 5cm squares, use this as a base for the parfait. Once the parfait is made, make tubes to freeze it in by rolling acetate sheets into 4cm tubes, secure the tubes with parcel tape (make sure one of the ends is sealed off with tape). Pipe the parfait into the tubes then freeze them standing them up in a deep tub.
Step 5Place the square of cake in the centre of the plate, cut the parfait 5cm long then lay the parfait diagonally across the cake. Using a fork, scrape the white chocolate and brandy mixture until it forms snow, use this to sprinkle on the plate, garnish with large pieces of red pulled sugar.
- For the Christmas pudding parfait:
- 200 g sugar
- 50 g water
- 160 g egg yolk
- 150 g Country Range UHT Whipping Cream
- 1 sheet leaf gelatine
- 20 g Country Range Raisins
- 20 g Country Range Sultanas
- 20 g Country Range Currants
- 10 g Country Range Mixed Spice
- 450 g Country Range UHT Whipping Cream, whipped
- For the walnut frangipane:
- 225 g Country Range Unsalted Butter
- 225 g sugar
- 170 g Country Range Chopped Walnuts
- 56 g Country Range Self Raising Flour
- 4 Country Range Free Range Medium Eggs
- For the white chocolate and brandy snow:
- 80 g Country Range White Chocolate Drops
- 50 g cocoa butter
- 250 g water
- 50 g brandy (flamed to burn off alcohol)
- 100 ml double cream
- 30 g sugar
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist