Step 1For the tomato sauce, sweat the onion for approximately 5 minutes without colour. Add the garlic purée and basil to onion mixture. Add the chopped tomatoes and bring to the boil.
Step 2Simmer for approximately 40 minutes. Add sugar, remove the mixture from the heat and blend the sauce.
Step 3Adjust the seasoning to taste.
Step 4For the filling, season the chicken with the Cajun seasoning then cook in the oven.
Step 5Lightly sweat off the onions, carrots, leek, courgettes and peppers with the Cajun seasoning.
Step 6Assemble the wraps - firstly place vegetable mix on, then chicken, drizzle over the tomato sauce, top with a touch of grated cheese and roll up (fold in sides first then roll).
Step 7Place in a lightly greased dish and cover with the rest of the tomato sauce.
Step 8Top with cheese, place in oven and cook until golden brown.
- For the tomato sauce:
- 1 large tin Country Range Chopped Tomatoes
- 300 g chopped onion
- 3 tsp Country Range Garlic Purée
- 2 tsp sugar
- Country Range Dried Basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the filling:
- 1.4 kg Country Range Chicken Breast, diced
- 8 tsp Country Range Blackened Cajun Seasoning (for the chicken)
- 4 assorted peppers, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 carrots, cut into thin strips
- 1 leek, cut into thin strips
- 2 courgettes, cut into thin strips
- 4 tsp Country Range Blackened Cajun Seasoning
- rapeseed oil
- 900 g Country Range Grated Cheddar
- 2 packs Country Range 10” Tortilla Wraps
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist