Step 1Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
Step 2To make the filling, chop and sweat the onion until softened in a little veg oil, add the garlic and ginger and cook for another 30 seconds. Add the garam masala, cumin and coriander and cook for a further minute.
Step 3Add the diced sweet potatoes and the drained chickpeas into the onion mixture and mix well.
Step 4Stir in the ready-made stock, tomatoes, coconut milk and sugar. Bring to the boil and simmer for about 10 minutes until the sweet potatoes are completely tender but still holding their shape.
Step 5Fold the spinach into the sweet potato mixture and cook for another couple of minutes until the spinach is cooked through and tender. The mixture should be nice and chunky at this point – any excess liquid should be reduced down. Remove from the heat and leave to cool completely (2 hours).
Step 6Cut the puff pastry sheet into quarters.
Step 7Add the cold filling mix onto the puff pastry and moisten the edges. Fold over to form a sausage roll.
Step 8Crimp the sides and place on a baking sheet with baking parchment.
Step 9Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- 280 g Jus-Rol Gluten Free Puff Pastry
- 1/2 tsp Country Range Garlic Purée
- 1/4 Country Range Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Country Range Garam Masala
- 1/4 tsp Country Range Whole Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Country Range Whole Coriander
- 400 g Country Range Chick Peas
- 200 ml Country Range Vegetable Stock
- 400 g Country Range Chopped Tomatoes
- 100 g Country Range Coconut Milk
- 1/4 ea small onion, diced
- 200 g spinach
- 450 g sweet potato, diced
- 10 g caster sugar
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist