Step 1Using the green part of the blanched leek, line a mould.
Step 2Place the ham into the stock and braise for four hours until the meat falls away from the bone.
Step 3Remove the ham from the stock and flake the meat into a bowl. Add the mustard seeds and check the seasoning.
Step 4Place the ham and mustard seed mixture into the leek-lined mould. Press down then add the carrots and leek randomly on top of the ham. Repeat the layers, pressing down firmly each time.
Step 5Cover the mould with cling film and place in the fridge with weights on top. Leave to chill for 24 hours.
Step 6For the piccalilli, place a splash of olive oil into a pan and cook the onion until soft. Add the cauliflower and the rest of the ingredients. Heat and cook until the vegetables are soft but leaving the cauliflower with a slight bite.
Step 7Using a sharp knife, slice the ham terrine and serve with the piccalilli. Garnish with watercress.
- 2x trs Country Range Vegetable Bouillon (made up)
- 500 g ham shank
- 1 small leek, blanched and refreshed in cold water
- 2 small carrots, peeled and cut into large batons, blanched and refreshed in cold water
- 1 tbsp Country Range Whole Black Mustard Seed
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the piccalilli:
- 4 tsp Country Range English Mustard
- 8 tsp Country Range White Wine Vinegar
- 75 g caster sugar
- 30 g Country Range Gherkins, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Country Range Whole Black Mustard Seed
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 75 g raw cauliflower pieces
- splash of olive oil
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist