Step 1Place the fish steaks in a shallow dish. Add the lemon juice and zest. Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onions until soft. Add the spices and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and add to the fish. Leave to marinate for 1 hour.
Step 2For the coleslaw, mix the wine vinegar, sugar and spices together. Add to the shredded vegetables and mix well.
Step 3For the bread, pre-heat oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7. Mix the flour, yeast, spices and some salt. Add the oil and sparkling water gradually. Knead the soft dough for 4-5 minutes. Cut into 4 pieces and roughly roll to 1/2 inch thick. Let them sit for 5 minutes.
Step 4Drizzle the dough with oil and bake for 8-10 minutes until puffy and golden.
Step 5Heat a griddle pan and cook the fish steaks for 10 minutes or until cooked thoroughly. Serve together with a salad garnish.
- 4 x 200 g white fish steaks (swordfish is good)
- 3 tbsp Country Range Vegetable Oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Country Range Crushed Chillies
- 2 tsp Country Range Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Country Range Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Country Range Cayenne Pepper
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- sea salt
- For the rustic bread:
- 125 g Country Range Strong White Flour
- ½ tsp fast action yeast
- ½ tsp Country Range Vegetable Oil
- 100 ml sparkling water
- 1 tsp Country Range Whole Black Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Country Range Ground Coriander
- salt to taste
- For the Indian coleslaw:
- 100 g cabbage, finely shredded
- 50 g carrot, finely shredded
- 50 g onion, finely shredded
- 3 tbsp Country Range White Wine Vinegar
- ½ tsp Country Range Crushed Chillies
- ½ tsp Country Range Dried Mint
- ½ tsp Country Range Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Country Range Garam Masala
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist