Step 1Pre-heat the oven to 155°C/310°F/Gas Mark 2.
Step 2Whisk the eggs and sugar until thick, creamy and pale in colour then add the oil to create a mayonnaise type mix.
Step 3Add the remainder of the ingredients, mix well then pour into a terrine 15cm x 5cm, filling half full and bake for 35 minutes. Allow to cool.
Step 4For the filling and topping, beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar and orange juice until smooth. Slice the cake, fill with the cream cheese mixture the pipe onto the top. Finish with a sprinkling of chopped pistachio nuts.
- 300 ml sunflower oil
- 225 g brown sugar
- 4 Country Range Free Range Medium Eggs
- 175 g golden syrup
- 350 g Country Range Self Raising Flour
- 2 tsp Country Range Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Country Range Ground Cloves
- 1 tsp Country Range Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Country Range Bicarbonate of Soda
- 225 g carrots, peeled and grated
- 50 g Country Range Desiccated Coconut
- 1 tbsp Country Range Chopped Walnuts
- For the filling and topping:
- 500 g cream cheese
- 100 ml Country Range Orange Juice
- 100 g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp Country Range Pistachio Nuts, roughly chopped
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist