Step 1For the Indonesian spice blend, grind all the spices together using a pestle and mortar and set aside.
Step 2Using the eggs, make an omelette. Allow to cool then cut into thin strips and set aside.
Step 3Heat the oil in a wok and add the onion, leek, fresh green chilli and garlic. Cook until the onion is soft then add 2 tsp Indonesian spice blend and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Step 4Add the chicken to the onion mixture and cook thoroughly.
Step 5Once the chicken is cooked, add the prawns and cook for 5-6 minutes.
Step 6Add the cooked rice, the ketjap manis or soy sauce and half of the omelette strips and stir well.
Step 7Cook for a further 5 minutes or until the rice is thoroughly heated through.
Step 8Place on a large plate and serve garnished with the remaining omelette strips, spring onion and finely chopped red chilli.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp Country Range Vegetable Oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 fresh green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Country Range Minced Garlic
- 2 tsp Indonesian spice blend
- 250 g chicken breast, sliced
- 200 g raw king prawns
- 3 tbsp ketjap manis or soy sauce
- 250 g Country Range Long Grain Rice, cooked
- 1 spring onion, chopped (for garnish)
- 1 small fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- Indonesian spice blend
- 1 tbsp Country Range Ground Coriander
- 1 tbsp Country Range Whole Cumin
- 1 tsp Country Range Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Country Range Ground Cloves
- ½ tsp Country Range Crushed Chillies
- 1 tsp Country Range Ground Cardamom
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist