Red Cherry Roulade
For many care residents, dessert is their favourite course – and this delicious offering really is the cherry on the top! Created by Ian Clifton, catering supervisor at Howbury House Resource Centre in Malvern, Worcestershire, specifically for people with dysphagia (swallowing difficulties) in mind, it provides a texture-modified sweet treat that...
Step 1Combine the butter and sugar until it is of a creamy consistency.
Step 2Mix the cocoa powder with the water to form a smooth paste. Add this to the mixture and then carefully add the eggs and the flour mix until it is a smooth texture.
Step 3Line a tray with the parchment paper spread the mixture evenly and cook for approximately 12 minutes at 190°C.
Step 4Allow the cake to cool, then purée the cake to a fine crumb. Spread onto approximately the same size parchment before piping the cream all over. Now it is easier to pipe the cherry filling over the cream to get even distribution.
Step 5Carefully take the corners of the parchment (the smaller side) and roll.
Step 6Decorate with cream swirls, red cherry coulis and fine chocolate shavings.
Step 7Complete IDDSI texture checks before serving.
- 1 ltr UHT Dairy Whipping Cream, whisked to a thick consistency
- 500 g Country Range Red Cherry Fruit Filling, puréed
- Sosa thickener to add to the filling
- Small amount of finely grated chocolate (Scotbloc) for decoration
- 100 g Country Range Creamery Butter Salted, softened
- 100 g Country Range Self Raising Flour, sifted
- 2 Country Range Medium Free Range Eggs
- 1 tbsp Country Range Cocoa Powder
- 100 g Caster sugar
- 2 tbsp Warm water
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist