Step 1Place the butter into a medium-sized pan. When melted, add the carrots and onion and fry until golden brown.
Step 2Add the pumpkin and fry for a further 10 minutes.
Step 3Gradually add in the flour and cook for 4-5 minutes, mixing well. Add the stock slowly then bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Step 4Place into a blender and blend until smooth. Serve in a bowl with a piece of goats cheese, crème fraiche or even some whipped cream.
- 500 g pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 1 ltr Country Range Vegetable Bouillon (made up)
- 4 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 125 g Country Range Butter
- 60 g Country Range Plain Flour
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist