Step 1Warm the water and add the salt, sugar, cloves, sliced garlic, black peppercorns, fennel seeds and lemon juice.
Step 2Add the 4 salmon pieces and refrigerate for 24 hours
Step 3Remove the salmon from the brine and pat dry
Step 4Heat the oven to 120oC
Step 5Sprinkle the salmon with cracked pepper and lemon zest. place them on a small wire rack that will fit in a deep gastro tray.
Step 6In the bottom of the gastro tray place some smoking wood chips and light with a burner. Place the rack of salmon on top and cover with the lid.
Step 7Cook in the oven for 12 mins or until the salmon reaches 70oC.
Step 8Keep the salmon warm.
Step 9In a food processor add the beetroot, sour cream, chopped dill, mustard and horseradish. Puree to a smooth dip.
Step 10Serve the salmon with boiled jersey royals and a dollop of beetroot dip.
- 4 ea salmon portions
- 1 ltr water
- 60 g light brown sugar
- 30 g maldon sea salt
- 1 tsp Country Range Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1 tsp Country Range Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Country Range Whole fennel
- 8 ea Country Range Whole Cloves
- 2e ea Country Range Dried Bay Leaves
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 1 tsp Country Range Horseradish Sauce e dip
- 1 tsp Country Range Dijon Mustard
- 50 g Country Range Pickled Sliced Beetroot
- 50 g Country Range Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp dill, chopped
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist