Step 1Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the salmon steaks until just cooked through, about 3-4 minutes each side. Remove the salmon from the pan and keep warm.
Step 2Mix the pink and green peppercorns, orange juice, water and wine in a pan and simmer gently until reduced by half. Stir in the butter, tarragon, orange zest and sugar and simmer gently for 1 minute until slightly thickened. Season with pepper.
Step 3Pour the sauce over each salmon steak and serve with baby new potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
- 4 salmon steaks
- 1 tbsp Country Range Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Country Range Pink Peppercorns, crushed
- 1 tsp Country Range Green Peppercorns, crushed
- 100 ml Country Range Orange Juice
- 100 ml water
- 4 tbsp dry white wine
- 30 g Country Range Butter
- 1 tsp Country Range Dried Tarragon
- ½ orange (juice and zest)
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp Country Range Coarse Ground Black Pepper
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist