Step 1Pre-heat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
Step 2For the spiced rice, place all the ingredients, except for the coriander, in a suitable pan. Cover with a lid and bring to the boil. Leave to simmer until the water has evaporated (roughly 15 minutes).
Step 3Check the rice is cooked, adding more water to the pan if not. Finish with the chopped coriander.
Step 4For the marinade, remove the chilli seeds then place the chillies in a food processor with the sea salt and blitz. Add the spices and garlic and blitz further until smooth.
Step 5Add the peppers and red wine vinegar, blitz until smooth then add the olive oil, tomato puree and paprika. Marinate the lamb rumps and leave for at least 6 hours (overnight preferably).
Step 6To cook,place a frying pan onto the stove and add a trickle of oil. Once hot, place the rumps into the pan and seal on all sides.
Step 7Place in the oven and check after 10 minutes. The rump should be cooked 'medium' by this stage.
Step 8Leave for a further 10-15 minutes for cooking further. Once out of the oven, leave to rest for 2-3 minutes, then slice. Serve on the spiced rice.
- For the spiced rice:
- 250 g Country Range Long Grain Rice
- 400 ml boiling water
- 1 tbsp Country Range Vegetable Oil
- 1″ Country Range Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Country Range Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp Country Range Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Country Range Whole Fennel
- 4 Country Range Cloves
- 4 Country Range Whole Cardamom
- ½ tsp Country Range Turmeric
- pinch of salt
- 4 sprigs fresh coriander leaf, chopped
- For the harissa spiced marinade:
- 250 g long red chillies
- 3 tbsp Country Range Whole Caraway Seeds, ground
- 3 tbsp Country Range Cumin Seeds, ground
- 4 cloves garlic
- 100 g roasted bell peppers
- 2 tbsp Country Range Red Wine Vinegar
- 4 tbsp Country Range Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Country Range Tomato Purée
- 2 tsp Country Range Paprika
- 2 tsp sea salt
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist