Step 1Cook the potatoes in a pan of simmering salted water for 5-10 minutes or until tender. Add the greens or sprouts for the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain, reserving 200ml of the cooking water and set aside.
Step 2Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onions and fry gently for 5 minutes until softened. Add the turkey, soy sauce, tomato puree, sugar, ground coriander, crushed chillies, turmeric, salt and pepper. Sprinkle in the flour and cook for a further 2 minutes
Step 3Return the potatoes and greens to the frying pan and stir in the garam masala and fresh coriander. Set aside to cool.
Step 4For the raita, blend all the ingredients together with a dash of water until smooth. Chill.
Step 5Pre-heat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry until 3mm thick. Using a square pastry cutter approximately 90mm wide, cut out as many shapes as possible (around 40).
Step 6Place a heaped teaspoon of the filling in the corner of each square then fold the pastry over to form a triangle, pressing the edges together to seal. Place on two oiled baking sheets, glaze with beaten egg and cook for 15-18 minutes.
- 200 g waxy potatoes
- 150 g spring greens or Brussel sprouts, sliced
- 2 tbsp Country Range Vegetable Oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 200 g cooked turkey, diced
- 2 tbsp Country Range Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Country Range Tomato Purée
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp Country Range Ground Coriander
- ½ tsp Country Range Crushed Chillies, plus extra to garnish
- 2 tsp Country Range Ground Turmeric
- ½ tsp Country Range Salt
- ½ tsp Country Range Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Country Range Plain Flour
- 4 tsp Country Range Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 x 500 g packs of puff pastry
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp Country Range Sesame Seeds, to garnish
- For the coriander raita:
- 100 g fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tsp Country Range Ground Cumin
- 6 tbsp Country Range Natural Yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist