Step 1Prepare the Béchamel as per instructions (but with 1/2 the amount of liquid stated in the instructions).
Step 2Add the cheddar, mustard, sliced spring onion, chopped sundried tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce.
Step 3Take off the heat and keep in a bowl to cool.
Step 4Layer the sandwich as follows - bread, cheese, ham, cheese, bread.
Step 5Butter the outsides and grill on a flat plancha for 2 minutes each side until light brown.
Step 6Top with the Welsh rarebit and bake in a hot oven for 4 minutes.
Step 7To serve, cut into 4 and splash with Worcestershire sauce.
- For the sandwich:
- 2 slices Country Range Medium Sliced White Bread
- 1 slice Country Range Cooked Ham
- 2 slices Country Range Mature Cheddar
- 25 g Country Range Butter
- For the topper:
- 50 g Country Range Béchamel Sauce (made up)
- 25 g Country Range Grated Mature Cheddar
- 1 spring onion
- 4 Country Range Sundried Tomatoes
- 10 g Country Range English Mustard
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist