Step 1Pre-heat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Melt the butter in a heavy based 23cm/9 inch ovenproof frying pan and fry the parsnip, carrot, sweet potato and red onion for 5 minutes. Stir in the stock and bring to the boil, simmer for 10 minutes until the vegetables are just tender.
Step 2Stir in the courgettes and basil and simmer for 4-5 minutes until all the stock has been absorbed. Stir in the balsamic vinegar and bubble until thickened to a sticky glaze.
Step 3Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 24cm/9.5 inch circle/square. Remove the frying pan from the heat and transfer the vegetables to a baking tray. Lay the pastry over the vegetables, tucking in the edges. Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and brown.
Step 4Carefully turn out the tart onto a serving plate and serve immediately with fresh rocket leaves piled on top.
- 50 g Country Range Butter
- 2 parsnips, cut into chunks
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into chunks
- 1/2 pint Country Range Vegetable Bouillon
- 1 small courgette, halved lengthways and sliced into chunks
- large handful of fresh basil leaves
- 3 tbsp Country Range Balsamic Vinegar
- 225 g Country Range Puff Pastry, thawed
- 50 g fresh rocket leaves, to serve
Not sure what to cook?
Sign up to the mailing list for more hassle free recipes
Find A Country Range Stockist
The Country Range brand is stocked exclusively by the 12 Members of the Country Range Group. These are all family owned, independent foodservice wholesalers located throughout the UK and Ireland.Find a Stockist